The RingCentral FaxOut feature allows you to send faxes using your online account, RingCentral Sofphone or using the RingCentral mobile apps. It is highly recommended to ensure that your attached file can be opened by the native program or application for the file. Otherwise, you will have issues attaching the files to your Fax message.
There could be several reasons why you are having problems attaching a supported file to a fax message. To resolve these, follow the steps below.
i. Sending a Fax Through Email
ii. Using Print to Fax
iii. Softphone Issue
Check the following.:
• Corrupt File - The document may be corrupt. Try sending another file or make a text document in Notepad, save it, and then attach the test file.
• Unsupported File Type - Make sure that the file type is a supported file attachments for faxes.
• File Size Too Large - The attachment may have exceeded the 20MB limit. Try sending a smaller file size.
• Ampersand characters - The filename of your fax attachments should not include ampersands (e.g. &) or other special characters for you to able to send it.
• Application Issue - Sometimes an application issue can cause a file attachment issue. Below are the steps to attach the file using the RingCentral Internet Fax Printer option.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that you have the RingCentral Softphone downloaded and installed in your computer.
Open the document in its original application (ie. Microsoft Word)
Go to File menu and click Print.
Choose RingCentral Internet Fax Printer menu and then click Print. The document should be added to the fax.
Select a contact you want to send the file.
NOTE: If issues persist, try using a different program and file type (i.e. Adobe Acrobat with a PDF file)
If you are unable to attach any file type from multiple applications, the Softphone might be causing the problem. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Softphone.
Printing Fax Messages on Your RingCentral Mobile App
Printing Fax From My RingCentral Online Account